Grab My Blinkie

Photobucket

Favorite Scrap Stores

Photobucket Photobucket
Friday, September 7, 2012

Luna Witch


Luna Witch

This tutorial was written by me on September 7 using PSP X4.  All my tutorials assume you have some working knowledge of PSP and/or Animation Shop.

Supplies:

Tube of choice - I'm using a fantastic new image from Alicia Mujica.  You need a license to use her art and you can purchase tubes/license at her blog HERE.

Scrap Kit - I'm using an adorable kit from Designs by Sarah.  You can purchase this kit at PMTw/S.

Texture - I'm using a texture from kuschelirmel-stock.  You can download this texture HERE.

Mask - I'm using grunge mask 4 from Tonya.  You can download this mask HERE.

Font - I'm using Endora

Eye Candy 5000 gradient glow - dsb flux bright noise

To begin open tube, mask, and texture in PSP - minimize for now - open a new 700 x 700 image white background

1.  We are going to make the frame so copy/paste branch as new layer - position on left side of tag - duplicate - image - mirror - merge down - duplicate this layer - image - flip - merge down 

2.  Create a gradient using 2 colors from your tube - linear, angle 0, repeats 3 - add a new raster layer - floodfill with your gradient - layers - new mask layer - from image - apply your mask - delete original layer - merge group - new raster layer - selections - select all - copy/paste your texture into selection - deselect - apply your mask again - change properties on texture layer to overlay

3.  Copy/paste tree as new layer - resize - position on tag - c/p spiderweb as new layer - dsb flux bright noise settings your choice - drop shadow web and frame layers - use eraser tool to remove parts of web showing outside of frame

4.  Copy/paste grass as new layer - position - duplicate - image - mirror - duplicate again - image - resize 85% - position - duplicate this layer as many times as you want arranging along the bottom of frame - merge your grass layers together - drop shadow

5.  Copy/paste fence as new layer - resize - position along bottom of frame - drop shadow

6.  Copy/paste cage as new layer - resize - position on top left of frame - copy/paste candle as new layer - resize pretty small cause we are going to make it appear it is in the cage - when you are happy with the size of candle position it over the cage how you want it to appear - using your selection tool - freehand - trace around the parts of the candle you don't want showing - hit delete on keyboard - if you mess up just hit undo - once you are happy drop shadow candle and cage

7.  Close out white background - crop/resize tag to your preference - add copyright/license info and name - save as .png

That's it!!  Hope you enjoy my tutorial!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Risha
Vernon, Florida, United States
Hello! I'm a SAHM of 2 beautiful children Wyatt & Caitlyn and have been married to my wonderful husband Everett for 9 years. I live in a small town in NW Florida and am owned by several miniature dachshunds. I've been PSPing for 7 years now and just now decided to put my tags into tutorial form. When I'm not busy taking care of my various animals which not only is dachshunds, but includes various types of fowl and poultry I am playing with my kids or at my computer.
View my complete profile

TOU



All of my ideas are my original designs. Any resemblence to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Do Not Translate, copy, email, download (ie; save to your own hard drive) distribute and/or make scripts/ quick guides from my tutorials.
Do Not hot link to my images or files.
Do Not upload my files to any other site. Do not share my files with others, as some of the contents require permission from their creators to be shared.
If you are a group manager & wish to use my tutorials in your challenges you may, but only as a link back to my site.

Followers

Licensing

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket